Saturday, January 16, 2010

How do I stop squirrels from eating my Dwarf Japanese red maple?.?

I use a Daisy .177 caliber pellet rifle. One well placed shot usually does it. Afterall, squirrels are nothing more than rodents disguised as cute forest creatures.How do I stop squirrels from eating my Dwarf Japanese red maple?.?
Hi I had the same problem with squirrels they sure can be pests! I bought this book by Jerry Baker who has all these organic concoctions for different things and they all work really well! And you don't have to ever use any poisons! Here is the one I used for squirrels that works and don't worry this formula will not hurt your trees or bushes or plants. OK here ya go. It takes a bit of work but is well worth it, at least to me. ingredients: 3 tbsp. of cayenne pepper


1 tbsp. of tabasco sause


1 tbsp. of ammonia


1 tbsp. of any shampoo


2 cups of hot water


Mix the cayenne pepper with the hot water in a bottle or container with a lid on it, and shake it well. Let it sit overnight or at least 5 hours. Then pour off the liquid into another container without disturbing the sentament at the bottom. Mix the liquid with the other ingredents into a hand held sprayer. Spray your maple with this until it is running off one spray will last a couple days. The squeirrels will freak and after a few times of getting this hot stuff in their mouths will leave your tree alone! I spray mine at least once a day when there is a new batch of squirrels in the spring. After a few times they learn to stay away. You can find out more about Jerry Bakers garden solutions on his web site and where to get his books. I am glad I bought this one on garden solutions it has helped me with a lot of garden pests and saved me money! Just google jerrybaker.comHow do I stop squirrels from eating my Dwarf Japanese red maple?.?
BB GUN HAVE FUN
We had a pecan tree in our back yards for years and the squirrels would always eat them. So, my dad shoot them with a pellet gun. Not, too powerful. Then he would dig a hole and bury 'em. -Kaylin
put a large ring of blood meal in the soil around your tree. squirrels can't stand the smell and it's a natural organic fertilizer so it won't hurt the tree. (bon't mix up with bone meal, squirrels could care less about that.) you can buy it at any store that sells fertilizer
Shoot the squirrel. If don't own a gun call a neighbor that may have one. If in a city well you could poison the squirrel. Just don't eat it afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment