Monday, January 18, 2010

How do I keep my red nose pit bull from running in the woods chasing squirrels?

A leash or a fence. My guess is where ever you live the bylaw for pet owners is to have them on a leash, tied up or fenced in.How do I keep my red nose pit bull from running in the woods chasing squirrels?
Get a different breed.





Pit bulls are terriers, and terriers are prey driven dogs. Prey drive is not something that can be trained out of a dog. You can manage the behavior by keeping the dog on lead, but this is largely instinctual.How do I keep my red nose pit bull from running in the woods chasing squirrels?
Very very very intensive training.. But Bit bulls are a rough breed. If you dont want to have him chasing off, keep him leashed im afraid =/
You will have to walk it on a leash or keep it fenced.
A fence? Dogs with strong prey drive like Pits need boundaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment